Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Carolina Wren: Another unusual location for a nest (video added)



Carolina Wren Nest Inside Topsy Turvy

I've written in previous posts about the Carolina Wren nesting in a milk jug and in a golf cart. This year, we found a nest in a retired Topsy Turvy. The Topsy Turvy is a hanging planter for tomatoes. We stored ours in the greenhouse. Leave it to the Carolina Wren to repurpose!


Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter






 I photographed the inside of the Topsy Turvy using my new Canon EOS Rebel T3i . I aimed the camera into the top of the tube, and swiveled the pop-out viewfinder so I could see the camera's view. This is a really nice feature!

                                                                       

Here's a 30 second video of a wren taking a bath on the deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your professional comments.