Monday, July 16, 2012

A Fun Recipe for Jalapeños


If you find yourself with an abundant harvest of Jalapenos, this is a recipe we use for an appetizer or main dish.

1. Wash and core peppers. Remove seeds.


2. Spread cream cheese inside pepper.


3. Wrap in bacon.


4. Place on cookie sheet and cook for 45 minutes at 400 F or until bacon is done.

Update 3/15/2015:  A video of this recipe is available here

At the end of Summer 2014, we had more jalapenos than we could eat. I prepared the poppers for freezing by keeping the vegetable whole. I sliced a lengthwise cut shaped like an "L." Through this opening I removed the seeds and added cream cheese. Then I closed the flap with a toothpick run through the jalapeno. I froze them first on a cookie sheet and them moved them to a  freezer bag.

Today I cooked the jalapenos from frozen after wrapping a half slice of bacon around using the toothpick as an anchor. Cooking as instructed above, they were delicious.

Frozen Jalapeno Poppers

Bacon Wrapped Frozen Poppers

Cooked Jalapeno Poppers


Advertising on this blog supports my writing. By clicking an ad, you are under no obligation to buy. If you see an advertisement of interest, please click.

Amazon - Shop. Connect. Enjoy. All from Earth's Biggest Selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your professional comments.