Monday, January 27, 2020

My Favorite Things: Bird Feeders

Bird Watching 





The Droll Yankee Dipper (link above) is an excellent bird feeder that keeps squirrels from raiding your feeder. The bird perches collapse with the weight of the squirrel and they drop to the ground. This version of squirrel-proof feeders does not require a battery because it is entirely mechanical. I've had my Yankee Dipper feeder for 2 years.

I also own the Yankee Whipper (link below) with the circular bird perch. The weight of the squirrel causes the perch to spin and throw the squirrel off. I prefer the Dipper model that does not require recharging a battery. I have owned this model for 10 years.




A new purchase for me is the Droll Yankee brush for cleaning these long, tubular bird feeders. It really makes a difference to have the right tool for the job! This 24 inch brush is high quality and Made in the USA. It reaches all the way to the bottom of the feeder insides and leaves the plexiglass sparkling! (The link is below.)



If you would like to see my bird photography, I post on Twitter @gopamnc. My tweets are optimized for social media and include retweets of good Twitter bird photography. My portfolio-quality photography can be found on iStock/ Getty Images at: https://www.istockphoto.com/photos/pam-schodt .



Affiliate Disclaimer: The links to my favorite things are items that I have purchased and am recommending. If you use the links on this blog post, I may receive a few cents for directing traffic to Amazon webpages.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your professional comments.