Friday, December 19, 2014

Squirrels at the Birdfeeder


The Droll Yankee Flipper could be a solution to squirrels in your birdfeeder.

Deer Visits Birdfeeder

House Finch enjoy the Birdfeeder



Most bird lovers who maintain birdfeeders struggle with a squirrel problem. Squirrels love the easy food source that birdfeeders provide. Sometimes a simple baffle can prevent squirrels access to a bird feeder. In my situation, I have far too many trees that allow the squirrel to jump over the baffle. The Droll Yankee Flipper keeps squirrels out of my birdfeeder.

Many people are familiar with the flipper birdfeeder because of YouTube videos featuring spinning squirrels (video below).  Excessive weight triggers spinning of the ring-shaped perch. I've had my Flipper birdfeeder for 3 years and haven't seen any spinning squirrels in over a year. The squirrels in my yard quickly figured out the spinner and avoid it. The spinner rarely runs so I only need to recharge the battery twice a year.



There's plenty of seed below the birdfeeder
The first few months I had the Droll Yankee Flipper, young squirrels  would jump on the spinner long enough to spill seed out of the feeder onto the ground.

Bottom line, the Droll Yankee Flipper keeps the squirrels off the birdfeeder. They still get fed because my birds drop massive amounts of seed on the ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your professional comments.