Monday, August 18, 2014

Book Review: A Photo Handbook of Weeds Identification and Green Grass Lawn Care for Picture Perfect Turf by NC Weed Killer



Dog Fennel is common along roadsides



NC Weed Killer” has written a book about improving your southern lawn. A Photo Handbook of Weeds Identification and Green Grass Lawn Care for Picture Perfect Turf is written from the perspective of someone that has moved from the cooler climate of St. Louis, Missouri, to Raleigh, North Carolina. He details a plan to reduce weeds and encourage healthy lawn growth. I believe it’s helpful and sound advice. 

Pokeweed growing along creek




As the happy owner of a shabby lawn, I am more interested in the weed identification section of the book. Weed Killer has identified 32 common weeds. 













They are so common that most of these photographs could have been taken in my yard. I am just happy to put a name to them, and it is hard to do so using the internet or plant books written for larger geographic areas.

Spotted Spurge growing in sidewalk crack




A Photo Handbook of Weeds Identification and Green Grass Lawn Care for Picture Perfect Turf is a twofer: a guide for lawn improvement and a weed identification text. Good Book!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty nice post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I've really enjoyed surfing around your weblog posts.
    In any case I'll be subscribing for your feed and I'm hoping you write again soon!

    Feel free to visit my web blog: lawn care uk

    ReplyDelete

Please share your professional comments.