Saturday, July 12, 2014

Praising the Pansies this Year


Most of my landscaping plant budget is spent on perennials. They come back year after year, and frequently supply offspring to give to my gardening friends.

There is one type of annual that is well worth the investment, however. Each Fall, I get a couple of flats of pansies. They provide cheerful blooms as the weather turns cold. Often, blooms persist in winter snow and revive again in Spring.

This year I was treated with a spectacular display in early Summer. No other flowers were blooming after the iris and before the peonies so the pansies filled that gap with a gorgeous yellow burst of color that brought smiles to anyone glancing at the front steps.

Although we're still in Summer, let us all remember to get our pansies this Fall. I will tweet a reminder so follow me @gopamnc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your professional comments.