Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Carolina Wren: A Strange Place for a Nest

The other day, I was surprised to find a bird's nest in our golf cart.




Upon closer inspection, I spotted a small egg.





I went to the house to get my camera.




When I returned, I found a bird incubating the egg.




This is a Carolina Wren. It is common for them to build nests near homes and amongst people things. I have a previous blog about a nest in a milk jug in my greenhouse. Over the years, they have built nests in our winterized sailboat and under the pool cover.

Update: Day 2
The nest contains 5 eggs.


Update: 12 days after the first egg was observed, baby birds are in the nest.
It looks like 3-4 chicks.


Update: We went on vacation and found an empty nest 21 days after the first eggs was observed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your professional comments.